Jess and Shawn's Wedding [Connecticut Wedding Photography]


You probably saw Jess and Shawn's engagement photos (click here in case you missed them) awhile back. The shoot was out in a nature preserve in Rhode Island, well off the beaten path. Jess made cookies for props and then I got to take them home. Best props ever.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Well, the two of them are now  married and their wedding in East Lyme, CT was full of handmade things and personal touches. It was at Rocky Neck State Park. It happened to be one of the greyest, rainiest, dreariest days of the season but that didn't seem to be much of a deterrent to having a cool wedding and getting plenty of photos.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

The building was outrageous inside. There was wood everywhere. Floors, ceiling, tables, support beams, etc... Even though it was a dark day outside, there was still enough light spilling in from the windows to make it happen.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

I had the pleasure of bringing along Amanda to the wedding as a second shooter. We had a nice one hour car ride each way where she was a captive audience to my ranting and raving about anything that came to mind. I enjoyed it. She did a great job contributing shots from a different viewpoint while I was busy grabbing the main stuff. She also served as a terrific dinner date in the absence of my wife.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

This wedding had a little bit of dancing. It actually had enough dancing to make the second floor of the building shake and bounce so much that my off-camera flash stands almost fell over a couple times. It was that serious.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Jess and Shawn are two of the kindest people I have gotten to work with. I had a lot of interaction with Jess over the past year. She's a graphic designer so I hired her to help me with some things (namely my last website overhaul as well as an upcoming print ad that will hit in January). She has done some great work for me and I really appreciate it.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Back in my college days I lived down the hall from Jess's sister Cecilia. It was awesome to see her again at the wedding as part of the bridal party and catch up a little bit. I was also able to show her some new dance moves that I've been working on.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

I parked my car really quickly when we first got there in a place that definitely wasn't a parking space, assuming I'd move it afterwards. I forgot to move it. Thankfully, at the end of the night, that car had neither gotten a ticket or gotten towed. I love when that happens.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

All the best to Jess and Shawn, thanks so much for having me and Amanda be a part of your wedding! Check out the full highlight gallery here.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Labels: ,