The Converses [Rhode Island Family Photography]


I go way back with the Converse family. We had gone to the same church when I was growing up, Christa and I were in the same grade (and consequently in the same class of youth group), and her mom was a teacher in my class for awhile. Christa and I were also kindred spirit band geeks.

Newport Wedding Photography

We hadn't spoken for quite a few years, and then out of nowhere I got an email from Christa asking if her and her family could take some family photos. It was a pleasant surprise and of course I said yes, so we decided on a location and set a date.

Newport Wedding Photography

They wanted to shoot in Lippit Park on Blackstone Boulevard. We met there on a (cold) Saturday morning. It was cool to see them all again, the three sisters and the mom and dad.

Newport Wedding Photography

We headed into Swan Point Cemetery across the street and took the bulk of the photos there. A cemetery might not seem like a decent place to take family photos, but if you frame out the gravestones then the rest of the property works pretty well. It was all pretty smooth except for when the security guard came and picked me up in his car and took me to the main office of the cemetery because I didn't have a permit. Did you know you needed a permit to take pictures in a cemetery? Consider yourself warned.

Newport Wedding Photography

Five minutes later I had the paperwork filled out for the permit and I was able to go back and continue shooting. Minor hiccup.

Newport Wedding Photography

Everybody seemed to have a good time and I think they all look great. It was awesome hanging out with the Converse crew again after all that time. Enjoy the photos! Facebook album here.

Newport Wedding Photography

Newport Wedding Photography

Newport Wedding Photography

Labels: ,