I Guess It's Fine. Art. [Rhode Island Fine Art]


The blog has been quiet this week. There is so much going on that I need to start sharing with everyone. Most of the blog posts have been limited to shoot summaries, but over the winter months we're going to get into some other stuff to give you some insight of what goes on behind the scenes in the life of a photographer. Let's start with one thing that's been happening...

Blueflash has entered new territory. You may have seen the relentless posting on Facebook and Twitter already. The whole art world is buzzing with excitement and anticipation. Walls in homes all over the earth will never be the same again. I present to you...

Blueflash fine art.


Now that we've passed the anti-climactic point of the blog post, allow me to explain a little bit further.

Don't your walls seem bare without a prestigious, semi-limited edition photographic print from your favorite photography outfit? Of course they do!


It feels pretentious to call it fine art, but I suppose that's the label for such things that we have to live with. They're really just images of the things around us the way I see them. Regardless, I've been quietly building up my inventory of fine art images. You can get to them directly by clicking here or make your way to it through the Blueflash website here


I thought it might be interesting to open up to suggestions of image content, almost like a commission type of model. Example:
You: Hey Matt, I'd really love a five foot by nine foot photo of a rabbit nibbling on a baby carrot for my living room wall.
Me: I don't happen to have that image already in my portfolio, I'll have to go shoot it for you.
You: That's strange. OK, that's fine. I'll wait.
I then would go take the photograph of said subject matter and then make it available for purchase. If you wanted, you could even set it up as an exclusive thing so it's only available to you and no one else can get their grimy hands on that photo. Ever. Then you'd have a truly unique piece of wall art.

The Blueflash Facebook page would be the place for suggestions to be posted. Don't be shy.


So what are these bad boys going to cost you? You're probably thinking that about $895 for an 7x10 sounds reasonable. If so, I have good news for you - an 7x10 will only run you $19 or less. Canvas wraps are also available. For $19, what are you waiting for? Go over to the fine art gallery and pick up a few. They make great gifts.


In all seriousness, I look forward to building up an inventory of images that people would like to place in their home and display. I hope you find something you like, and if not, share on the wall what you'd like to see.

Thanks for checking it out and supporting Blueflash!

Labels: ,